Daily Kundalini Yoga- Week of May 4th
May is a month of action, so my challenge for the week can be summed up in two words- Carpe Diem – Seize the day!
Try to fully inhabit each day, make each one your very best!
As each day arises welcome it and make good use of your 24 hrs.
Pranayam: Fresh Start (to revitalize your system)
Find a comfortable seated position with spine straight. Wrap your arms around yourself, giving yourself a big hug.
If available gently tilt your head back a little, if not stay focussed straight ahead.
Close your eyes, breathe deeply through your nose while mentally repeating the mantra “Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung”.
To end: Inhale and suspend breath while tightening every muscle of the body. Exhale, relax and sit quietly.
Standing Cross Crawls– arms by sides. Inhale lift right arm overhead and left bent leg. Exhale release arm and leg down, switch sides. (Be sure to use Right arm with left leg, then Left arm with right leg. (Imagine you are a tin soldier marching.)
Postures: (1-2 minutes each)
- Shaking– sit in easy pose. Palms face each other 12 “ apart. Begin to shake the entire body. Let the energy flow!
- Tapping- bring legs out straight and with flat palms, tap up and down the entire body. Give yourself a massage!
- Sufi rotation– hands on knees, rotate the torso in one direction, then reverse. Unwind any tension in the body.
- Seated Front leg stretch Right and Left– Legs out front. Bend right leg, bringing sole of foot to rest against left inner thigh. Inhale and stretch arms towards the sky, exhale reach down towards left leg or foot and hold. Breathe long and deep. Change sides. Feel a gentle stretch of the life nerve.
- Frog pose– come to squat. Hands on floor in front of body, balance on balls of feet, heels touch and lift. Inhale lift buttocks up , head towards knees, Exhale back down with head coming slightly up. Work your way up to 26. To end, hang loose like a rag doll and come up slowly to standing, head comes last.
- Standing Forward Bends– Inhale reaching up and slight backbend if available, Exhale down. Try to keep legs straight- just come down to where it is comfortable.
- Pelvic lifts- come onto the back. Legs bent and feet as close to buttocks as possible, arms by sides palms down. Weight is in the feet and hands. Inhale lift pelvis up, slowly exhale down.
- Full body stretch on back– stretch every muscle. Inhale deeply through nose, Exhale through mouth with a big sigh. Repeat 3x.
Completely relax the body.
Finish with a long Sat Nam.
Love to all,