Daily Kundalini Yoga- Week of April 6
Sat Nam to all!
My quote for this week comes from Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed.
“You will learn a lot from yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.”
Challenge for the week ahead:
Daily warm up series: Sufi Grind (both directions), Spinal Flex , Spinal Twist, Neck Circles (both directions)
Amber will be reviewing this warm up series in the yoga challenge later this week
Sending you all love, Mary
Evening Kundalini– Postures to do before bed to have a deep sleep.
Sleep is one of the key ingredients to maintaining a healthy and strong immune system. Before bed, try to consciously let go of any concerns.
Pranayam: to do before bed.
Sleep Helper– Breath to release Stress and Unwanted Emotions
Feeling at peace starts with deep breathing!
Bring hands into a teepee, finger tips touching, in front of heart, fingers pointed slightly up and forward, thumbs towards heart. Focus at tip of nose.
Inhale for count of 5, Hold for 5, Exhale for 5.
Postures: up to 2 minutes each
- Lower Spine Rock: On back, knees drawn to chest, head stays on mat. Wrap hands around knees. Pull knees to chest on Inhale, release but keeps knees drawn into chest in a relaxed posture on Exhale. Consciously relax back.
- Front Leg Stretch- Left and Right– Come sitting up. Left leg out, right leg bends with sole against upper Left thigh. Stretch forward and down to where comfortable. Long deep breathing. Change sides with Right leg out.
- Spinal Flex- Hands on shins. Inhale lifting chest forward, Exhale tilt pelvis back.
- Cat Cow– Come to hands and knees. Inhale into Cow as belly drops and head rises, Exhale into Cat. Continue.
- Baby (or childs) Pose– From Hans and knees (or table top position), bring your buttocks towards your heals and stretch your arms extended in Front (arms can also relax at your sides)- Relax and breathe.
- Shoulder Rolls– roll shoulders in big circles in each direction.
- Neck Rolls– consciously relax neck, throat and shoulders.
- Cooling Relaxing Breath- hands in gyan mudra on knees (thumbs and index finger together, palms up). Inhale through Nose, Exhale through curled (or taco) tongue. Breathe slowly and deeply.
Shavasana: Relax deeply and integrate the work you’ve done.
Close with 1 Sat Nam. Fill your heart with gratitude and sleep well! Sweet dreams.